sunnuntai 18. kesäkuuta 2017

Priceless art / Mittaamatonta taidetta

Not everyone has got the privilege to have a colleague at work, who is also an artist.  I am quite lucky because I got Iiris.  Iiris creates the most wonderful artwork and about five years ago I asked her for a favour.  At that time Iiris was working in clay and I just adored the sculptures of cats she showed me.  I decided to ask her if she would like to try to make a couple of shelties for me.  Iiris accepted the challenge, which she also fulfilled perfectly and since that very day I have two lovely sheepdogs in my kitchen window.  What makes these sculptures extra special is that they are images of Kelly and Pinja, the memorable keystones of our team.

Last autumn I got to admire Iiris' work in charcoal and I just wanted her to picture my dogs by using the same technique.  I was supposed to give her photos of all our girls, but for some reason time just passed on and I had problems choosing the right pictures for her.  I had almost forgotten all about it until the other day at work.  Iiris came up to me and told me she had four pictures of my dogs.  What a lovely surprise!  Iiris told me she had visited my blog and picked the suitable pictures from there.  I am so touched because these paintings are not just paintings.  Every picture is a delicate masterpiece made with such sensitivity.  There's no doubt the artist has succeeded in catching those special details in every dog's nature that make them what they are.  I just love them all!

The unique artwork by Iiris Ruoho.



Iiris Ruohon ainutlaatuista taidetta.

Kaikilla ei ole etuoikeus saada sellaista työkaveria, joka on myös taiteilija.  Olen erittäin onnellinen, että minulla on Iiris.  Iiris luo todellista taidetta ja viitisen vuotta sitten pyysin häneltä palvelusta.  Silloin Iiris teki savitöitä ja minä ihailin hänen minulle esittämiä kissoista tekemiään veistoksia.  Päätin kysyä häneltä jos hän halusi yrittää tehdä minulle pari shelttiä.  Iiris hyväksyi haasteen, jonka hän toteutti täydellisesti ja siitä päivästä lähtien minulla on ollut kaksi ihanaa shelttiä keittiön ikkunallani.  Se mikä tekee näistä veistoksista erityisen tärkeitä on, että ne esittävät Kellyä ja Pinjaa, tiimimme ikimuistoisia peruskiviä.

Viime syksynä sain ihastella Iiriksen tekemiä hiilitöitä ja halusin hänen piirtävän koiramme samalla tekniikalla.  Minun piti antaa hänelle kuvia kaikista tytöistämme, mutta jostain syystä aika kului ja minulla oli ongelmia valita hänelle oikeita kuvia.  Olin jo miltei unohtanut kaiken kunnes muutama päivä sitten töissä Iiris tuli luokseni ja kertoi, että hänellä oli neljä kuvaa koiristani.  Mikä ihana yllätys!  Iiris kertoi minulle vierailleensa blogissani ja valinneensa sieltä sopivat kuvat.  Olen niin otettu koska nämä eivät ole vain piirustuksia.  Jokainen piirustus on hienostunut mestariteos tehtynä todellisella tunteella.  Ei ole epäilystäkään, etteikö taiteilija olisi onnistunut vangitsemaan jokaisen koiran erityisen luonteen mikä tekee niistä mitä ne ovat.  Rakastan niitä kaikkia!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti